In 1917, George Kistler started Kistler Tent & Awning in the basement of his home. George started out by making awnings and then began to expand his business by doing repairs and custom making most anything from canvas and fabric. Awnings, sheep wagon covers, automobile tops and tents of all sizes were some of his specialties. In 1920 Ed Kistler joined George and they moved into their first building located at Midwest & Elm. Two years later they moved into the Chandler Building at the corner of 2nd & Park. Fred Kistler joined the company in 1926 and they moved the business to the Schulte Building on Center Street next to the Wonder Bar. In 1930 they moved yet again across the street to 245 S. Center into what is now known as the Kistler Building because of the Kistler mural on its side. This move also brought an addition of a sporting goods line. In 1945 George passed away and Fred became a partner. Ed & Fred sold the sporting goods department in 1956 and moved into a larger building at 424 S. Oak St., where the business is still located today. The business has changed hands from the Kistler's to the Perry family in 1969 and now Kyle and Kerry Gray are the proud owners. The Grays, who are natives of Casper, purchased the business in 1997 and are carrying on the same quality that Kistler Tent & Awning has held since 1917. They are proud to be serving Casper and the state of Wyoming.